Friday, December 09, 2011

Ringing in the Dirty Thirties

This was initially a Facebook status message - when I re-read it, I realised, there was so sooo much more to say, so I decided to expand on it.
Watta year 29 has been - I got to do sooo many things.
I visited places I never thought I would, took my first steps on the American continent and earlier than I ever thought I would. I do not regret it one bit. May be just ever so slightly - I got screwed over at work. But they sent me there, so it kinda balances off. And it led to so many firsts.
I met old friends for the first time. We weren't just co-workers - we were friends. And i am grateful I got to meet them. I made new friends - people I never thought i would know. Learnt more about people I already did.
I caught snow on my tongue. Made a snow angel. Heard the first (and only reasonable) explanation about why dogs need clothes/shoes. Tried my hand at ice skating (almost dislocated my leg and had to be carried out of the rink. Then I went back in).
Got a tattoo (shoulder-to-shoulder) on the spur of the moment. It took about 5-6 hours to complete, so I was done by about 3 am-ish and had a million hour flight that evening - all the way from Montreal to Bangalore. In economy. And what a beauty she is!
I went to Italy. I've been wanting to go there for sooo long. I fell in love with Barcelona on the way - the colors!!! It's like a fairytale. And I rode in a sidecar :-).
I stood in the Sistine Chapel. Spent the shortest amount of time to do justice in Venice. Liked Florence better than Rome. Sigh! Plus I have some awesome friends there. :-)
I am so going back!
I got my most expensive phone yet, bought my most expensive shoes ever (and got two more pairs for my birthday).
I caught Metallica in concert IN Bangalore. I also caught Bon Jovi. In Barcelona. In the Olympic stadium. And saw the sun set at 9pm.
I did a bunch of random things this year. Bought random books. Got a 10 year US visa. Took a month off. Got red shoes (2 pairs). And yellow ones.
I can see why it can only go downhill from here.

If I'm cursed to live long (and God knows my family is blessed with that curse), I hope I see more years like this :D

No comments: