Saturday, December 17, 2011

E-book Readers

There are two kinds of people, in my opinion, who read - those who love books and those who love to read.
The first like the romance of books. They like to hold and caress them. They usually tend to read the same books over. Or the same writer. The same style.
The latter just like to read. They will read a cereal box if it is around.  They devour words. In any form. It could be paper. It could be electronic. As long as it is available to read.
When I tell people I read on my phone, they ask me "how" or "why". And why they think they never will - how they are not really books. I try to convince them - "It's easy to carry".  "So many books at your fingertips". "Always available". "No need to get up to turn off the lights". And they are still skeptical.
You just need to give it a shot. My mum did. And she is hooked :-)

No comments: